25. Set up a Caring 4 Kids training – Caring 4 Kids is a free training seminar designed to teach the layperson the facts of child abuse and neglect; how often it occurs, what the consequences are, how to recognize the signs, and how to report suspicions. To schedule a training session, (or a more in-depth 3 hour Stewards of Children session), visit the Prevention section of our website.
26. Give proceeds from a Casual Day office program to CARE House – An easy way to give back is to create a Casual Day program.
27. Donate art supplies for therapy clients – Art therapy is a major component of the treatment services which we provide to our clients. Visit our website for a list of art supply suggestions which will help victims of child abuse reclaim their voices.
28. Talk to a child in your life about Body Safety – Our greatest defense against perpetrators of child sexual abuse is to empower our children by teaching them about body safety and appropriate boundaries, in ways that they can understand. Check out this page from Darkness to Light for tips on how to open up with your children.
29. Learn about ACEs – Adverse Childhood Experiences is a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with Kaiser Permanente which forms the basis of our child abuse prevention work at CARE House. Read about what they are and how they affect child development, and come to our free screening of the new documentary Resilience at Oakland Schools on Monday, April 9th – check out this page for all the details.
30. Become a monthly supporter – Setting up a recurring donation is a convenient, automatic way to provide regular support to the kids and families who rely on our services. The easiest way to become a monthly supporter is to visit our Paypal page, enter the amount and check the button reading “Make this a monthly donation.”
32. Tell a friend about CARE House – Help us to expand our group of supporters! Consider sharing this post, or telling a friend to follow us on social media, or to sign up for a tour!